Supervisor - Full-Time(Kinston, NC)
We at Neuse Sport Shop are looking for a full-time supervisor for our
Kinston location. This person should be passionate about the outdoors, be eager to help customers, and ready to learn the business.
Scope of Position:
Supervisor a shift consisting of full time and part time staff. Assist General Manager in managing the store in his or her absence. Monitor store cleaning and merchandising. Ensure customer service is #1 priority. Must have extensive knowledge of Hunting and Fishing products, Hunting and Fishing regulations and vessel registrations.
Requirements for a Full-Time Supervisor:
- Key Holder position.
- Assist Customers in a friendly, courteous and conscientious manner.
- Be able to operate a cash register. Also be able to count change if machine fails.
- Stock shelves with merchandise.
- Provide leadership and training for new employees.
- Perform cash register closeouts at the end of the day.
- Ability to make limited decisions with little supervision.
- Maintain store in an orderly fashion so customers can shop.
- Must be available to work December 26 and other days that may be required by management.
- The above list of duties is not all inclusive. Other duties may be delegated from management.
- Maintain perpetual inventories.
- Assist in merchandising products to maximize sales and profits.
- Pleasant positive attitude.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Must sign a no compete agreement.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to lift 50+lbs.
- Counsel employees for performance.
- Perform employee evaluations.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Neuse Sport Shop policies and procedures
- With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and competent with a variety of computer programs and hardware including Excel and Winward
Education and Experience:
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience. All applicants must have prior supervision experience. Retail Supervision a plus.
Schedule:Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 5a.m. and 10 p.m., Monday through Sunday. Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Average hours are 40 hours per week. A typical rotating schedule applies to this position. Example of rotating schedule: opening store 5a.m.-1p.m. for seven days/ 2 days off/return to closing of store 1p.m.- 9p.m. for 8 days/ 4 days off. Start again with opening of store.
Neuse Sport Shop offers a complete benefit package to include:
- Competitive Health Care Coverage
- Associate Discount
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement (401K) plan
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Neuse Sport Shop complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all person regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.