Supervisor/Merchandiser(The Villager, Home Décor’) - Full-Time(Cedar Point, NC)
We at Neuse Sport Shop are looking for a full-time sales associate.
This person should be passionate about the outdoors, be eager to help
customers, and ready to learn the business.
Assist Home Décor’ Buyer with Department needs while providing impeccable customer service and product knowledge. Merchandise Home Décor’ department product. Build displays and set promotional material to increase sales. Lead a small team to provide impeccable service and product merchandising.
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting all customers within sales radius.
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise.
- Stock Shelves, counters or tables with merchandise.
- Assist in the purchasing of Home Décor’ Departments from sales reps and companies as requested by the company Home Décor’ Buyer.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Buyer.
- Travel to buying shows with overnight stay required. (Fort Worth, Atlanta,)
- Maintain acceptable product level for customer satisfaction.
- Receiving, processing, stocking and merchandising of product.
- Staying up on trends that directly affects sell through of product.
- Maintain perpetual inventories.
- Assist in merchandising products to maximize sales and profits.
- Merchandiser will receive directions from the Store Manager and the Home Décor’ Buyer of the company.
- Candidate must be willing to work on sales floor in other departments as identified by customer traffic when needed.
- Must learn how to operate POS registers.
- Supervise and lead a small team in The Villager Home Décor department.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Neuse Sport Shop policies and procedures.
- With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and competent with a variety of computer programs and hardware including Excel and Winward.
Education and Experience:
Must have prior retail experience in a Home décor setting or similar. Must have supervisor experience. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 5a.m. and 10 p.m., Monday through Sunday. Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Average hours are 40 hours per week.
Neuse Sport Shop offers a complete benefit package to include:
- Competitive Health Care Coverage
- Associate Discount
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement (SIMPLE IRA) plan
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Neuse Sport Shop complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all person regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.